Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lotus Herbals Seduction Botanical Tinted Lipgloss in 40 Lychee Squash

Hello Beauties, In the month of September Lotus Herbals introduced 5 hot new glossy shades of  Red, Pink, Peach,& Purple in the Seduction Botanical Tinted Lip gloss. I received this long time back along with Moist Petals Lipstick in Red Rover, review here  but had been avoiding using it for the mere reason that I'm not much of a lipgloss person, so I though it's high time I use it & review the same.



Description/Claim by Lotus Herbals: Lotus Herbals SEDUCTION™ is a lustrous lip gloss which has a unique non-sticky & high sheen formula. It contains botanical extracts of Grapes & Jojoba that keep your lips soft & moisturized all day long. This premium innovative lip gloss is 100% vegetarian & free of animal products, making it absolutely safe. Its easy grip brush applicator ensures precise & accurate application on your lips. In addition, its long & soft bristles allow you to use the lip gloss as a top coat without affecting your lip color.

Price: Rs. 225 INR for 5ml.

Shades:  15 shades are available, of which 5 new shades are Lychee Squash(40), Strawberry Punch 41, Sappy Watermelon(42), WinterBerry Crush(43), Passion Fruit Splash(48).

My Experience: I just wanted to put my experience in points, so here it is

Packaging: The gloss comes in a see through transparent plastic sturdy tube, the small micro shimmer is very obvious from the tube. The sponge tip applicator provides ease of application, I personally don't like the brush applicator for lipglosses.

Fragrance:  It smells like some kind of talc I have used, it isn't over-whelming, it fades away as soon as you apply & doesn't bother at all!

Texture: The gloss isn't gloppy or sticky  & doesn't make the lips feel heavy unlike most of the lipglosses. It's very true to the claim that it's hydrating & provides a nice sheen. It has lots of micro multicolored shimmer which isn't coarse or granular.

Shade: The shade is like light salmon pink or bisque with lots of shimmer with brown undertones.This shade works best on top of a lipstick & would suit for festive make up looks.


Pigmentation: This doesn't look great on my pigmented bare lips if used alone, I usually use it over a lipstick I think the darker shades from this range look more pigmented.




Staying Power: The staying power of this lipgloss isn't that great, it stays for not more than 2-3 hours like most of the lipglosses however it leaves behind a slight tint with shimmer.

Final Word: This one of the best lipglosses I have ever tried, looks beautiful with festive eye makeup, I like the lipstick Red Rover more than this!

Product sent by the brand for consideration

8 comments:

  1. very pretty shade, this gloss reminds me of bourjois effet 3d glosses

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are tempting me sooooo much :) I'll look out for this, Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the gloss. but the shimmers are a big turn off for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. IBC, haven't used Bourjois lipglosses though I love their pencils, will check them soon :)
    @Aarthi, do check these :)
    @Niv, Infact I'm not a big fan of lipglosses either :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't try any lip gloss from lotus. After seeing this I think i should give it a try. :)

    http://vivaciousblog17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Vertu Thanks for stopping by,though I'm not a big fan of glosses, I would suggest this for party or festive looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a lovely colour! I guess i'll have to try lotus glosses soon! :)

    Following u too! Great Blog! :D

    P.s. R U ponnovium S? coz i cant uzma on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Viva, I'm following you as Uzma only :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all the lovely comments. You guys make my day.